Rejuvapen Micro Needling
Although micro-needling was initially used as a treatment for scars and wrinkles it has been shown to be an effective treatment for –
- Acne scars, traumatic scars such as post-surgery lacerations and chicken pox scars.
- Global skin rejuvenation, lines and wrinkles, improvements in tone, toxins, creping and sagging.
- Stretch marks, body toning and sagging skin.
- Epidermal pigmentation, burn wounds, mild rosacea, hair loss.
- Skin tightening after weight loss.
The rejuvapen has several features and benefits over its competitors, that lead to superior results these are –
- The only micro needle with a medical grade HEPA filter to protect against pathogens and cross infections.
- A unique beveled cartridge for ultra smooth infusion of high grade products.
- Adjustable depth allowing tailor made treatments that can treat an inner eye area, lips, neck and face and deep seated scars all in one treatments.
- Powerful motor for guaranteed precise channel formation which is important for treating scarred tissue and different skin types.
- 4 customisable settings for enhanced comfort.
Eyes of Small Area £150 or course of 3 for £400
Head, Face, Neck or Chest £250 or course of 3 for £650
Body or Multiple Areas £350 or course of 3 for £750
Frequently asked questions
What are the side effects and how will my skin look after treatment?
After procedure your skin will show signs of redness and will appear similar to moderate sunburn, there could also be some slight swelling, these symptoms will subside 24-48hrs after the treatment. By day 3 the skin will have a pink appearance and there will be very little sign that the treatment has taken place. During the first 3 days the skin will seem tight, dry and be slightly more sensitive. We would always recommend that a sunblock is used and long exposure to the sun is avoided.
Does micro needling cause hyperpigmentation?
No, in normal skin , the micro needling procedure does not cause hyperpigmentation as long as the skin is protected against UV rays after the treatment and for the first 7-10 days. Over exposure to UV after micro needling could lead to micropigmentation but this risk is small (<3 in 100). If you have a history of micropigmentation then you must discuss this with us before undertaking treatment.
Does micro needling hurt?
Before treatment a topical anaesthetic cream is applied to the treatment area. The anaesthetic cream numbs the skin and makes the treatment almost painless. You may experience some sensitivity, particularly around the eyes. People often say that the treatment feels like having your skin rubbed with a very fine sandpaper, others say it feels like an electric toothbrush being moved across your skin.
What maintenance will I require?
Each micro needling course is different. A typical course would be 1 session every 6 weeks for 4-6 months. You should continue to see results for up to 6-8 months after your last treatment as your skins matrix regrows new collagen.
I have just had fillers or Botox can i have a course of Rejuvapen?
No, you must wait at least 28 days before you can have a Rejuvapen session.
How long do i have to wait to wear make up?
You can return to your regular make up within 2-3 days. You must however continue to use a high factor sunscreen. Suitable medical camouflage can be applied immediately post treatment, this can be discussed with the therapist.
After the age of 25 collagen production slows down and so the youthful plumpness of the skin starts to deminish. Micro Needling has been clinically proven to stimulate your natural grade 1 baby collagen and elastin, helping to give you that plumpness back.
Benefits of Micro-Needling
- Helps to smooth away wrinkles, folds and crows feet. It is very effective on the neck and chest ageing.
- Reduces open pores
- Improves the appearance of scars, especially indented or pitted acne scars.
- Improves the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks.
- Reduces hair loss and aids the absorption of hair growth serums.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Does not induce skin sensitivity to UV lights
- No appreciable pain.